Thursday, March 3, 2011

Defending Against Frogs

Hi, blog!

After like, a month and a half hiatus, Cercles is coming along bit by bit.  Although I keep putting entire sections of motifs a few stitches over and end up frogging slash de-beading.  Good news is the replacement extension piece for the System 4 stand is working as it should I believe.  The Q-snap holder is not tilting slightly downward on the left hand side any longer.  May I internally happy dance?

Plus I've colored in the entire pattern.  One little thing off my mental, and what turned out to be an actual (on my phone's Notepad), to-do list. 

Last night was a fun pick-up rehearsal for the musical Falsettos.  The substitute saxophonist was giggly right along with me... I was beginning to go insane down in the pit with nobody to mouth random jokes/comments to.  Also, the guest oboist was totally awesome.  Her multiphonic note dealie gave me shivers of joy.  For about 10 measures then maybe 4 more for me to get over it. 

I really hope whoever is reading enjoys my rantings.  Believe me, much more goes through my head.  This is just what I happened to be thinking about at the time of this blog post.  Happy morning... my nocturnal-esque self could not sleep and therefore am awake, blogging. 

3 comments:

  1. Still reading. :) I'd love to see a new photo of CdC when you have one available.

    I'm intrigued about that System4 stand. I think I may be getting a custom-made one done, once I sit down and really think about my needs - but it's good to hear about options (especially since I love stitching on my Q's).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may update this post later maybe after I finish this one motif. My progress feels lame but right now every bit is counting.

    The stand has been good to me so far. I'm amazeed how they got the thing to balance. Especially with the 17inch qsnaps. Holy moly. The snaps kinda teeter back and forth a little bit but stay put in that spot for the most part. I thought it would be more versatile to get this in my living situation, at this point it is changing every school year and every summer. Haven't attempted travel with it. Easy enough to just detach the qnsaps to work on the go I think. Beads would be much more of a chore without 2 free hands/the frame staying put.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone has more than they could ever put down in a blog....at least yours sounds ordered and sensible....mine would be too much stream of consciousness and scattered...

    ReplyDelete