This is the UFO I sent around the country for a round robin. The Dimensions kit cover shows the sample stitched version. The photo above was posted online from the fifth person to receive my piece. The progress is very exciting. This photo shows what it looked like when I shipped it in March 2010. Have I ever mentioned that killer whales are just awesome? Insert mental reference to Pebble and the Penguin here.
This is after my fourth day of progress on The Stargazer. This Mirabilia pattern has a front and a back. The front is just a little more than what I've stitched here. The back is THE ENTIRE SKIRT. I hope the frogging goddess is feeling nice, as I'm a little afraid to count more than 2 squares away from my stitching with this navy fabric over two. Ack! I am a teeny bit anxious to see it finished, at least the cross stitch part so I can figure out how to do the beads, or at least test how I've read about attaching them.

Progress continues on your RR piece. I've been orca-ing this week. :)
ReplyDeleteI know you're a bit bummed with the new RR starting, but I think holding off until you know what your next year of classes will bring isn't a bad thing.
Besides - our current RR group definitely seems to be clicking well. I'll probably bring it up nearer the end of the robin to see if anyone just wants to continue sending for another round. It's been done before. Whomever wants to bow out can, and we can just continue (or kick off an entirely new robin). So no worries... I HAVE PLANS. :)
Ooh awesome! I definitely have some interesting UFOs at the moment, but Thanks for the encouragement. I found out yesterday that the position I wanted and didn't get in the fraternity opened up, and I don't know if I'll get it yet but that is for sure another time commitment. I had enough time last year for RR stuff, but I didn't especially buckle down on school and wasted a lot of time doing nothing. It happens :P
ReplyDeleteYeah, it does - and you definitely don't want to over extend yourself in college. There's that whole annoying class thing. :) Robins will always be around, but you're not in college forever - so enjoy it.
ReplyDelete