Thursday, September 16, 2010

Some Oldies

Packing has been intense in the past few days. Getting rid of things is very difficult for me. I believe most stitchers can say the same. I found many interesting things in the process, and even something that made me cry a little inside, and smile at the same time. Maybe more on that one later. So in conclusion, reminiscing happened. Speaking of which, here are some past finishes that hopefully you will enjoy looking at!

I could go overboard and explain everything, but I think I'll save that until someone asks about a specific thing. The one I'd like to point out is the little flower in the oval frame. I think that was my first embroidery ever! Well a few pieces of similar cloth were my practice stitches and Grandma showing me how. The frame was actually from a cross stitch kit of a goose! You see, I was interested to try this little cross stitch kit, but when I started it I think I probably counted wrong and got messed up. I was seven, so I did not know how to fix it. lol I messed up the thread with that attempt and never stitched the Goose (still have the pattern though) but eventually used the frame for the little flower. I think my skills have improved over time. If you look closely enough on some things like the bookmark, there are definitely some crosses in both directions!

No comments:

Post a Comment