Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Double Take

Alright, here's try two on Cirque des Cercles by Ink Circles.  While the pattern looks simple, somehow symmetric things don't like to line up when counting over 2.  This time I started in the upper left hand corner.  Progress is happening, but maybe I'll put it down for a while and do the monthly SPML SAL this weekend on the HAED Bulletin Board.

After all, I still haven't quite figured out what I'm going to do when design starts getting to big for my 11x11 q-snap-ish lap frame.  Page one is taking up a good most of the space lol.  I'm only concerned about the beads really.  Jem seems to have survived being underneath q-snaps with the extra fabric folded over on top of it and below the snaps.

And now photos!

2 comments:

  1. my god you are brave using beads, i hate them as i tend to end up with them all over the floor and spending most of my time trying to get one on a needle!, and thanks for your comment on the HAE BB on moving away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I hope it goes more smoothly as I keep stitching. The sharp beading needle is soo breakable and I'm trying hard not to pierce threads with it. And the almighty bead nabber is a must. Except if I pick up too many beads at once they fall off before making it to the needle. I think it's just predestined that any given batch of seed beads WILL at some point spill all over the place at the worst possible moment. I am just hoping I don't lose too many that I'll run out when the bead shop is across the country. Wasn't sure how many to get, but I think what I have comes to like 25,000+ lol. What is sad is that even after I finish this one, there is still the triangles one and the carreaux? one to stitch. Hope triangles can be a good excuse to try out silk.

    And no problem! Moving is hectic! Just this summer my mom has had the roof done, lotsss of trees removed and total yard revamping, the house interior painted (even the insane 2 story high walls), and that old couch that has been through 2 dogs and 3 kids is finally thrown out. Sad about the couch, my friends and I have had many crazy late night gatherings in the room with that couch lol Many involving our lovely 90 pound lapdog.

    ReplyDelete