Well here's the latest progress on my Flag of Togo and Cal Poly inspired quilt.
I've cut a sheet a scrapbook paper to mock the size of the blocks I need to create the "stripe" strips. If it hadn't been a confusing phrase, I would have left out the quotation marks for my pure amusement. Then I finished making my green calico blob large enough and cut down the first block to size. The second block went together pretty well, except I need to figure out a better system to organize the fabric. And possibly change around my workstation set-up. Leaning across the table to iron isn't such a good idea for my back, I'm thinking. I thought that putting the table out of the way I'd have more space, but it prevents me from walking around to the other side of the table. Oof, maybe this weekend I will start packing and things will get consolidated into boxes. *tear* In about 30-33 days I will have to say goodbye to this house, maybe forever. This means I have to do like at least 2 quilt blocks every day to finish them all (it's never gonna happen)... leaving some days to do the white star in a red rectangle section.. and putting them all together will take a day or two if the backing on my last quilt is any indication. This one will be slightly larger than a Twin XL comforter needs to be. I think! I sort of rounded up to easily divisible numbers to get around the Golden Ratio for length and width. Yeah I think I'm starting a trend with the quilt themes. I absolutely love projects that have many meanings to me personally. And surprisingly enough, when someone else looks at it they'll certainly say something about it I had never considered before.
The photos will happen here as soon as my Windows Explorer decides to stop being stupid! I mean really, Microsoft? Isn't that program fundamental to Windows? o_o How can you crash and somehow still have full access to the internet, Excel, etc... I also have a giggle-worthy WIP of Princess of Light for later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment