I think this first circle is probably the most complicated one, but it is turning out so pretty! I think the photo is pretty true to it. The silver beads are kind of a strange combination of clear glass and metallic. Maybe it wasn't a good choice to combine the three different bead finishes, but they appear to work well together. I can't wait to start on a green section! Also, I just switched today from using a Mill Hill sharp beading needle to using a size 28 Piecemaker tapestry needle. A couple of the beads have gotten stuck around the eye so far, but I am liking the blunt tip better, and I do not worry as much about putting the needle in perpendicular to the fabric, about breaking the needle, or frankly stabbing myself. lol I did not realize how much this section was growing until I saw the photo next to the last one I had taken 4 days ago. Thanks for reading!
Side note - HDF Silk! *cough*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow... that's a whole lotta beads. o.O It looks fantastic, though.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it funny how photos really are the only way to reaffirm you're making progress? I felt like I had nothing done on your UFO piece until I saw that yeah, I actually DID!
LOL thank you so much! I really had no experience going into this project in particular. What I'm curious more to see is how the variegated floss plays with the beads. After this post I kept going and finished the blue motif and did some more of the silver and black lol... on a roll I guess! The blue actually gets darker on the bottom part of the circle o.O
ReplyDelete